Thanks to passage of WC-1 in November 2016, we are able to build new schools to relieve current overcrowding, accommodate growth, and provide updated facilities. This page will be constantly updated to show project progress as new schools are approved, designed, planned, and built; check back often for updates.
The plan for new schools over the next decade (presented to voters prior to the election):
Build 3 new high schools, plus an expansion of Damonte Ranch High School
Build 3 new middle schools
Build 9 new elementary schools
- Expansion of Damonte Ranch High School - Location: Expand existing facility at 10500 Rio Wrangler Pkwy. Projected completion: During the 2017-18 school year Status: Construction contract awarded, broke ground 3/16/2017 Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at current high school, and provide capacity for this high-growth area Contractor: Clark/Sullivan Construction Architect: GML Architects 22 classrooms will be added East Wing Addition 5 Classrooms 1 Business Lab West […]
- New High School at Wildcreek (Procter Hug High School area) - Location: On site of current Wildcreek Golf Course Status: Negotiating land acquisition from County, updating Educational Specifications.* Local governments voted on May 1 to move forward with research, public input, and efforts to make the project a reality. Golf would remain “as-is” on site through Summer 2019, and then remain onsite in smaller to-be-determined format. Purpose: Expand and […]
- Middle School – Spanish Springs - Location: In escrow on land in new Kiley Ranch development. Projected completion: Our goal is to open by August 2019. Status: Architectural design by Van Woert Bigotti Architects, CMAR Contractor CORE Construction. Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at other middle schools in the area, and relieve overcrowding at nearby elementary by moving sixth grade to middle school (a long-term District […]
- Middle School – Sun Valley - Location: In process of securing land. Best current option is BLM land at far north end of Sun Valley. Projected completion: To be determined (in part by land acquisition). Our goal is to open by August 2019. Status: Purchasing land, architectural design by Van Woert Bigotti Architects, CMAR Contractor CORE Construction. Purpose: Provide area with […]
- Elementary School – South Meadows Area “Bella Vista” - Location: “Bella Vista” development, which is located to the southeast of the intersection of Veterans and South Meadows parkways. Land donated by Toll Brothers (thank you!) Projected completion: December 2018 Status: In architectural planning/drawing (bid awarded to H + K architects on January 24, 2017) Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at surrounding elementary schools, and provide capacity […]
- 8 New Elementary Schools - 8 New Elementary Schools Locations: Throughout the county at locations to be determined, first one likely in Spanish Springs (Kiley Ranch) area Status: Purchasing land Purpose: Relieve overcrowding and accommodate future growth.
- Middle School – South Reno - Location: in process of securing land. Current frontrunner is U.S. Forest Service land across from Hunsberger Elementary School Projected completion: Dependent on land acquisition Status: Purchasing land Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at area middle schools, accommodate projected growth in the area.
- High School – Butler Ranch/Donner Springs area - Location: To be determined by land acquisition Status: Purchasing land, updating Educational Specifications.* Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at multiple high schools, and accommodate projected growth in area (particularly in South Reno).
- High School – Cold Springs area - Location: To be determined by land acquisition Status: Purchasing land, updating Educational Specifications.* Purpose: Relieve overcrowding at other high schools (especially, but not limited to, North Valleys High School), and accommodate projected growth in area.