Now accepting applicants for our School Naming Committee. This committee will recommend names for all upcoming schools to WCSD’s Board of Trustees.
Once the committee is formed, this page will include an online submission form for name suggestions for each new school that the committee will be working on. We will announce the opening of each name submission via our social media accounts.
School Naming Committee
ApplyTo apply, please submit your application, letter of intent and resume, not later than 5:00 p.m. on Friday, May 19, 2017, to:
- via Email
- By Mail:Washoe County School District, Board Services Department, PO Box 30425, Reno, NV 89520
- By Fax: 775-348-0304In Person:
- In Person: Washoe County School District, Board Services Department,425 East 9th Street, Reno, NV 89512
The voting membership of the School Naming Committee consists of eleven (11) voting members as follows
- One (1) District representative, selected by the Superintendent;
- Seven (7) parents/guardians or members of the community: one (1) each from Trustee districts A, B, C, D E, F, and G;
- One (1) student from a District high school; and
- Two (2) at-large members from any of the above categories.